Title 17. Education
Chapter 1. General School Law
Part X. Louisiana Early Childhood Opportunity Program
17:407.6 Criteria for determining need
The department shall establish criteria for identifying and targeting areas of the state with the greatest need for early childhood programs and for identifying types of programs likely to provide greatest benefit to children who are economically disadvantaged. Among the criteria to be considered in developing guidelines for funding programs pursuant to the provisions of this Part are the extent to which a program serves children who:
(1) Are from low-income families.
(2) Are from families with low parental educational levels.
(3) Were of low weight or premature at birth.
(4) Live with a teenage parent.
(5) Are or have been a victim of abuse or neglect.
(6) Are from families with experience with substance abuse or addiction.
(7) Are in foster care.
(8) Live in a single-parent family.
Added by Acts 1992, No. 970, § 1, eff. July 9, 1992. Amended by Acts 2018, No. 307, § 1.