TITLE 23. LABOR AND WORKERS' COMPENSATION
CHAPTER 3. EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS AND CONDITIONS
PART I. MINORS
SUBPART B. EMPLOYMENT PRIVILEGES AND RESTRICTIONS
23:163 Minors under sixteen; prohibited employments
No minor under the age of sixteen years shall be employed, permitted, or suffered to work:
(1) In, or about, or in connection with a poolroom or billiard room.
(2) In, or about, or in connection with power-driven machinery.
(3) In any manufacturing or processing establishment, or in any manufacturing, mechanical, or processing occupation.
(4) In the close proximity of any lounge or other location where alcoholic beverages are sold, except as provided in this Chapter and in R.S. 26:90 and 286.
(5) In any other occupation for which a higher minimum age is required.
(6) In the distribution or delivery of goods or messages for any person engaged in the business of transmitting or delivering of goods or messages.
Amended by Acts 1982, No. 498, § 1; Acts 1993, No. 621, § 1, eff. June 15, 1993; Acts 1993, No. 623, § 1.